Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Mark & Stacy's Hash Brown Casserole

I just made a dish inspired by my good friends Mark and Stacy Hayden.  They came up with a LC hashbrown casserole that tastes amazingly like Cracker Barrel's and I kinda tweaked it to make it a full meal.  Here is a picture, and the recipe follows:


Kinda looks naughty, doesn't it?? HEHEHEHE

Mark And Stacy's Hash Brown Casserole

Cut spaghetti squash in half, clean out seeds, and place face down in 1-1/2 inches of water in a glass baking dish. Cover tightly with Saran Wrap and microwave on high for 10-12 minutes.

(ALTERNATELY you can bake it in the oven, whole, until it's nice and soft, at about 375 degrees. I had some in the freezer, and it makes about 3 cups of Skitty Squish) 

After cooked, remove the meat from the squash with a fork and put into a bowl and mix with the following: 

1 1/2 cups of cheddar cheese 

2 tbsp of finely chopped onion  ( I shredded it with a grater)

1/4 cup of sour cream (I didn't measure and added a bit more I think)

Salt and pepper to taste. (I added some garlic powder too)

Place mixture in a small casserole dish, and bake at 350 for 45-60 minutes. 


this recipe is on StellaStyle.com so I'm not sharing something I shouldn't, and it's also in one of George Stella's cookbooks.

The only thing I did different was take a package of Bratwurst and split it down the middle, and remove the casing and place it on top.  I wanted to use the whole package so I kinda got decorative (?) with it!  I've made this using Kielbasa sausage too and it's really good.  The recipe by itself is great as a side, but adding some kind of protein on top makes it a full meal!

I finished my yogurt today, and will try to organize the recipe and pictures tomorrow.  I took a lot of pictures! LOL.... but I'm also having it for breakfast in the morning, so be jealous, be very very jealous! LOL

Ok ya'll, off to watch the Voice! Love that show.

PEACE OUT!!!!

No comments: