Sunday, October 14, 2012

Punkin Donuts


l forgot to take a picture of the donuts, but I tried the Punkin Donuts and they were pretty darned good!  Here is what I did for a recipe, which was 5 or 6 different recipes that I kinda gleaned ideas from:

Punkin Donuts
  • Donuts:
  • 1 1/2 cups almond flour
  • ½ cup coconut flour
  • 1 cup of punkin (not punkin pie mix, real punkin)
  • 1 cup Whey Low
  • 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt\
  • 3 tablespoons punkin pie spice
  • ½ tsp vanilla
  • 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
  • 1/2 cup Cream

  • Glaze:
  • 1 cup powdered Whey Low (could use splenda  I think)
  • 1 to 3 tbsp almond milk
  • ¼ tsp Vanilla

Spray donut tin with “Pam”.
In a large bowl whisk  the dry ingredients together till combined well. Stir in eggs, punkin, and vanilla Add almond milk and stir until it’s a cake like batter.
Fill donut tin 2/3.  Bake for 18 to 20 minutes.  I turned them out on a small cookie sheet and immediately dipped them in the glaze using a fork.
For the glaze, whisk together everything till smooth.
Now, that being said, I think that next time I will add some cinnamon (i ran out) and maybe a touch of ginger.  And I'm still working on the glaze.  It is more like a syrup and doesn't set up like a usual glazed donut.  Next time I'm thinking of using melted coconut oil instead of the almond milk.
These donuts were a big hit with everyone who tried them.  They were slightly denser than the Choco Glazed Donuts, and I think that's cause I added the coconut flour.
Just thought I'd share!!!
Peace Ya'll!!

No comments: